Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled Behavioral Health Coordinator to support increased access to behavioral health services and supports for students and families by facilitating regional cross-system coordination and to support school districts develop and implement comprehensive suicide prevention and behavioral health supports for students. The Behavioral Health Coordinator will provide regional, district, school, and individual level guidance on accessing behavioral health resources, coordination of existing services, and presentations and trainings regarding behavioral health, particularly suicide prevention and crisis response support.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor’s degree in job-related field, or an Associate’s degree with increasing levels of job-related experience
- Experience with and understanding of community-based behavioral health systems in Washington State
- Experience advocating for vulnerable and underserved student populations and students with behavioral health needs
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Experience with coordinating cross-systems and with multiple disciplines
- Experience working in a school setting
- Experience in providing technical assistance and training to school districts to develop Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Experience providing presentations and training to youth and/or adult audiences, in particular facilitating suicide prevention workshops
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, 40hrs/week
Hiring Salary Range: $64,547 – $84,691 (Salary Band G)
Full Salary Range: $64,547 – $93,483 (Salary Band G)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 6. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of November 14 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers