Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to support the leadership team and staff with administrative tasks and projects aligned with minimizing school districts’ total cost of workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation risk and maximizing injured workers’ outcomes. Duties include providing a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative support; prioritizing and analyzing support requests and providing recommendations for action; and communicating information to staff, other organizations, public agencies, and governing bodies.
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust & Unemployment Pool (WCTUP), under the administrative oversight of Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD), is a group self-insured program that provides coverage for, and management of, workplace injuries and unemployment compensation claims for 33 school districts, PSESD, and their 45,000 employees in 6 counties within the state of Washington.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health, employment with Puget Sound ESD requires staff in positions working directly with children or vulnerable adults have full COVID-19 vaccination. There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or Associate's degree in related field and 3+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience, or High school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience.
- Executive-level administrative support experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Writing, proofreading, and editing experience.
- Experience inputting, manipulating, and analyzing data in a spreadsheet and/or database.
- Project planning experience.
- Experience with meeting and event planning and organization, including documentation and distribution of proceedings.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a busy office environment.
- Experience effectively collaborating with and serving as liaison between other departments, organizations, community members, and others with whom we are in a transformational relationship.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Based in Renton with hybrid in-office/telework work options available
Job Type: Full time, Year 'round
Salary: $64,547 - $84,691 Annually (Salary Band G)
Department: Workers' Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 days of annual leave credited per year
- 12 days of sick leave credited per calendar year
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, November 27.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at https://pswctup.org/
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers