Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Communications Coordinator to support the internal and external communications of our Agency, including the development of innovative marketing solutions and development of effective marketing and/or informational materials.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. Please note that for staff in positions interacting with or working directly with children, a full COVID-19 vaccination is required. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- BA/BS in job-related area, or an AA in job-related area and progressively responsible job-related work experience
- Professional experience in communications and/or public relations; or professional writing, editing, and graphic design
- Professional experience with web-based content management systems, developing and maintaining websites
- Experience with content management systems and web design (i.e., FinalSite, SharePoint, CSS)
- Experience with desktop publishing (i.e., In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with project management and tracking
- Experience with client management and/or customer service
- Social media experience (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time (40hrs/week)
Salary: $54,133 – $62,778 (Salary Band D)
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by end of day Thursday, August 18. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of August 29 via videoconference. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide a portfolio (or a link to a portfolio hosted online) when confirming their interview date/time.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers