Puget Sound ESD seeks a Director of Postsecondary Sustainability & Strategy to provide regional leadership in the strategic alignment and sustainable implementation and funding of postsecondary education initiatives, to advance the Agency’s End: Success for Each Child and Eliminating the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity.
Puget Sound College & Career Network (PSCCN), Puget Sound ESD’s postsecondary team, drives equitable access and success in postsecondary education for students across the Puget Sound region by PSCCN building regional capacity, engaging leaders at all levels, and facilitating improvement in policy, practice, and programming to close opportunity gaps by leading with racial equity so that first generation, low income, and students of color can access & obtain postsecondary credentials.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Applied commitment to racial equity, anti-racism leadership and student asset centered work
- Experience in medium to large scale creative fund development, fundraising, and/or funding
- Experience in curating generative relationships with those with whom we are in a transformational relationship across the secondary and postsecondary education community, including senior level leaders, educators, and/or funders
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, launching and leading a diverse portfolio of projects and managing personal workload
- Experience in initiating, developing, and executing multi-stage strategic and creative projects
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, be entrepreneurial, navigate and lead through ambiguity
- Community college and/or vocational school degree with study in job-related area
- Professional job-related experience in K-12, college access/readiness, and/or higher education
- Knowledge of regional, state, and national postsecondary legislative, funding and initiative fields
- Expertise in K12 and Higher Education finance, education policy development and/or analysis
- Experience developing multi-year, multi partner strategic plans
- Familiarity with postsecondary access and success field, including Promise programs
- Existing related relationships in Washington State, including Pierce and King Counties, with various levels of leadership within K12, CBO, and/or Postsecondary fields
- Experience guiding multiple internal and external partners to set and achieve collaborative, challenging goals
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full time, year ’round
Salary: $88,179 – $102,261 (Salary Band N)
Department: Learning, Teaching & Family Support (LTFS) – Puget Sound College & Career Network
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 1. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of July 11 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers