Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (PSWCT/UP) seeks an experienced Director of Claims to provide leadership and subject matter expertise to a well-established, high-quality claims handling function encompassing the management of workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation claims. The role is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of initiatives and strategies, grounded in best practices, to mitigate loss while optimizing school district membership value and maximizing the injured worker experience. The Claims Director will collaborate with internal and external partners and a dynamic group of certified claims professionals, along with imbedded attorney and case management personnel, to inform the execution of tools and methods in delivering the best possible claims experience.
PSWCT/UP (a department of PSESD) is a group self-insured program for workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation coverage for 35 school districts and PSESD and their 45,000 employees in King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Insurance or related field
- AA degree in Risk Management, Insurance, or related field and 3+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience, or
- A high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience managing workers’ compensation claims in Washington State
- Previous claims supervisory/leadership experience
- Washington State-certified claims administrator designation or certification achieved within 2 years of hire
- Origami Claims Management System proficiency
- Experience utilizing claims analytics to inform quality measures
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation claims and risk management best practices
- Previous unemployment compensation claims management experience
- Experience coordinating and executing claim-related client stewardship activities
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $107,183 – $140,632 (Salary Band R)
Department: Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by end of day Monday, May 30. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of June 6 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at https://pswctup.org/
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers