Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a skilled Behavior & Education Support Specialist (Paraeducator) to provide educational, enrichment and behavioral support for severely behaviorally challenged youth attending the Echo Glen School and PSESD’s Expanded Learning Program in Snoqualmie, Washington. Echo Glen School offers a full continuum of multidisciplinary services based on student strengths and needs. Echo Glen School is part of the Issaquah School District; however, the school serves students from districts across the state of Washington. Instruction is delivered to students in grades 6 through 12 in a site-based model focused on academics with a strong social emotional component incorporated. The Expanded Learning Program at Echo Glen promotes community involvement to serve the whole child. The mission at Echo Glen is to provide a safe, structured, and secure environment where students can learn new skills, develop positive habits, and disengage from the activities that brought students to Echo Glen.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- High school diploma, GED, or its equivalent and a qualifying score of 461 on the Education Testing Service ParaPro Assessment; or
- Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university; or
- Seventy-two (72) or forty-eight (48) semester credits at the one hundred level or higher at an accredited college or university; or
- Completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council
- Experience working with youth in a mental health private/public sector, university, and/or special education setting
- Experience working with underserved and under resourced youth ages 12-18 years of age
- Experience providing support to emotionally/behaviorally challenged students in a self-contained classroom (direct experience) and/or in in a resource room (indirect experience)
- Experience with de-escalation techniques
- Experience supporting teacher in delivering lessons, or in planning and delivering content-specific instruction
- Experience developing and creating academic and enrichment lessons and activities for youth ages 12-18 years of age
- Experience in leading and facilitating a variety of enrichment, academic, and SEL lessons and activities
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Echo Glen School, Snoqualmie
Job Type: 32 hours per week, 2-year grant
Salary: $24.79 – $28.74 Hourly (Salary Band C)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by December 9, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of December 13 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers