Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled Program Coordinator to centralize and streamline critical functions and facilitate key office operations to support the Office of System and School Improvement (OSSI) team in the Learning, Teaching and Family Support Department. The Program Coordinator will coordinate and monitor a wide variety of complex activities, provide administrative and technical support, serve as a departmental resource, provide ongoing support to staff, and oversees multiple budgets.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Associate/Vocational Degree in job-related field
- High School Diploma/GED equivalency and progressively responsible job-related work experience may substitute for AA/Vocational Degree
- Experience in the efficient management of multiple functions for several staff in a busy office environment
- Writing, proofreading, and editing experience
- Experience designing creative, graphic-rich documents, and presentations
- Spreadsheet and database management experience, including data entry, manipulation, analysis and/or report creation
- Budget & invoice management experience
- Website management, PowerPoint, or other publishing software experience
- Familiarity with virtual technologies for meeting support (e.g., Zoom, RingCentral, Teams)
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to personal and organizational racial equity journeys
- Experience communicating and coordinating meetings and budgets
- Fiscal literacy preparation and forecasting experience
- Experience coordinating across departments for program services, fiscal, and communication purposes
- Professional experience with large project management
- Professional experience providing exemplary customer service to school districts and interagency
- Ability to work as an active team member and independently
- Experience generating material and publishing monthly newsletters
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $54,133 - $62,778 Annually (Salary Band D)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Office of System and School Improvement (OSSI)
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, November 21. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Monday, November 29 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers