Puget Sound Educational School District seeks a Home Visitor to provide quality home-based child development, family support and health/nutrition services and case management for pregnant women, infants, and toddlers in an Early Head Start program serving families in Pierce County. The Home Visitor provides high quality, comprehensive support services to infants and toddlers and their families; including support to assist parents in meeting the needs of their children and enhancing parents' role as the primary influence in their child's education and development.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- AA Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field (Human Development, Human Services with an ECE focus, Child Development, Nursing, Special Education, Family Support, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Counseling) with coursework equivalent to the Home Visitor CDA, OR a Home Visitor CDA (Child Development Associate) credential AND progressively responsible job-related experience may be equivalent to an AA degree.
- Experience working with children age birth-5 and their families.
- Previous experience in Home Visiting, Head Start/Early Head Start/ECEAP or other comprehensive child development/family support program;
- Experience working with infants/toddlers of low-income, refugee, immigrant families, and/or families with limited English speaking abilities;
- Community outreach experience;
- Experience working with pregnant women;
- Experience providing home visits with pregnant women and/or children age birth-5;
- Bilingual ability (Spanish preferred);
- Experience working with interpreters.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Pierce County
Job Type: Full-time, Year 'round
Salary Range: $51,555 – $59,789 (Salary Band C)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 22. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 9 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers