Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a highly qualified Lead Preschool Teacher to join our team of educators and work in a strong collaborative partnership with the Teacher and Assistant Teacher. Job duties include designing and leading children’s learning, documenting children’s outcomes, and working with families. At Educare, you will join a community of learners focused on providing high quality care and early childhood education, while working closely with families to support the growth and development of their children. Educare is a research-based early learning program implementing best and most promising new practices. We hold high expectations for achieving child and family goals and offer reflective practices so that teachers reach and sustain those goals. We are part of a support system that enables personal and professional growth within an intentional culture of inclusion and diversity. We encourage you to join us in achieving a vision of excellence, innovation, creativity, and equity for the children and families we serve.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or a Bachelor's degree in a related field and 30 college quarter credits in ECE
- Experience in an early childhood setting
- Experience as a lead teacher in Head Start, Early Head Start, or other comprehensive child development/family support program
- Experience supervising early childhood classroom staff
- Experience working with children birth to 5 with disabilities
- Experience working with children birth to 5 who are English Language Learners
- Experience working with children birth to 5 who are from diverse backgrounds
Other Conditions of Employment
- Must obtain Food Handler's Permit within 30 days of employment, and CPR/First Aid Certificate within 90 days of employment.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center, Seattle
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $51,555 – $59,789 (Salary Band C)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by December 13. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 21 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers