Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Bilingual Spanish speaking Student Assistance Professional to provide prevention and early intervention services to students at the Seattle World School within the Seattle Public Schools. The Learning Support Services department places Student Assistance Professionals in schools to implement comprehensive student assistance programs that address problems associated with substance use, violence and mental health issues.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- BA Degree in Education, Human Services, or related field (AA/AAS degree in job-related area PLUS CDPT credential may substitute for BA degree)
- CDP, CPP, ESA or Mental Health Certification (or CDPT with an AA/AAS degree), may be acquired 1 year from start date
- Experience working in a school-based program with emphasis on violence prevention and/or early intervention, alcohol, tobacco and/or other drug prevention and early intervention, and/or mental health
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Experience with school-based student assistance programs or youth-based educational support groups
- Experience working with community-based coalitions
- Presentation experience
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: The World School, Seattle
Job Type: School Schedule (up to 40hrs/week for approximately 1,480 hours total; 185 days total)
Salary: $24.79 – $28.74 Hourly (Salary Band C)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Student Support Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 12 sick days, pro-rated
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application today. Interviews are being held in November and December.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers