Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Early Learning Senior Coordinator, Disabilities Consultant to provide classroom level, site level, and program level partnership and leadership to ensure that children with disabilities are included in the full range of Early Learning program services and systems. The Disabilities Consultant will work with teaching teams, family support staff, and community/district partners as well as with an internal multi-disciplinary team. The Disabilities Consultant will use their knowledge of typical and atypical development, family engagement principles, high quality inclusive practices and accommodations, special education systems (Part C and Part B of IDEA), and Head Start and ECEAP Performance Standards to provide training and consultation within our Early Learning program.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), ECE Special Education, or related field
- Professional experience working with families with young children with special needs
- Comprehensive preschool or prenatal-3 experience; comprehensive experience with children birth-to-five in early learning settings
- Experience providing professional development (as adult trainer, coach, technical assistance, or professional supervisor)
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team providing consultation, strategies, or recommendations aligned with best practices, state and federal regulations, and performance standards
- Experience managing large caseloads/primary assignments (i.e., multiple school campuses, multiple school districts, county, or region wide)
- Knowledge of or experience with special education law, federal and state regulations, and federal and state early learning funded grants including Head Start and ECEAP
- Specialized knowledge of or experience with specific populations of diverse families including low-income families, English language learners, children with disabilities and/or mental health concerns.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $65,802 – $76,310 (Salary Band H)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by October 17. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of October 25 or the week of November 1 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers