Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Spanish Bilingual Family Support Specialist to manage and implement the centralized ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance) system that supports two Spanish dual language classrooms at our Heritage Head Start program located in the Educare Learning Center. The Heritage Head Start dual language classrooms enhance the children’s cultural and linguistic strengths, and partner with families to develop and maintain children’s heritage language.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Human Services, Social Services, Family Services, or Counseling
- Related degree with 30 or more job-related credits may substitute for AA
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Experience working with interpreters
- Experience with data management systems
- Experience working with low-income families, refugee and/or immigrant families, and/or families with limited English-speaking abilities.
- Experience in Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP, or other comprehensive child development/family support program.
- Community outreach and/or collaboration experience.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center – White Center/Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round (38 hours/week)
Salary: $23.61 – $27.38 Hourly (Salary Band B)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year, pro-rated
- 12 sick days, pro-rated
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 29. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 6 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers