Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Purchasing/Contract Administrator to develop, monitor, and manage PSESD purchasing systems in compliance with agency directives, and state/federal regulations.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in job-related field
- AA/AAS in job-related area, or Washington Association of School Business Officials (WASBO) certification, or Certified School Business Specialist (CSBS), and five (5) years of applicable experience may substitute for the BA requirement
- Governmental or school purchasing, procurement, and/or contracts experience
- Experience managing vendor relations, negotiating contracts, prices, and/or timelines
- Procurement Certification
- Experience administering public works contracts
- Experience working with RFQ and RFP
- Experience developing and implementing purchasing policies, procedures, and strategies
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $65,802 – $86,337 (Salary Band H)
Department: Financial Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 30. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for week of December 6th.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers