Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher at Washington Corrections Center for Women (WCCW) to join our team of educators and assist in providing quality, comprehensive services for infant/toddler children. Job duties include assisting in maintaining a clean and safe classroom environment for infants and toddlers. This position is based at Washington Corrections Center for Women (WCCW) in Gig Harbor. PSESD and Early Head Start partner with WCCW to make the Residential Parenting Program a leading model for prison nursery care and promote healthy mother-child bonding and attachment.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Early childhood experience in a childcare center, child development center, or preschool program
- Experience with Head Start, Early Head Start, or other comprehensive child development/family support program
- Experience working with low income and/or diverse populations
- Experience working with infants and toddlers
- Current or former Head Start/ECEAP participant/parent
- ECE initial certificate or equivalent (must obtain by August 1, 2026)
Other Conditions for Employment
- Successful candidate will need to possess or obtain a Food Handler's Permit within 30 days of employment
- Successful candidate will need to possess or obtain a First Aid/CPR Certificate within 90 days of employment
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Washington Corrections Center for Women (WCCW), Gig Harbor
Job Type: 24 hours/week, 52 weeks/year, Union represented position
Salary: $17.35 – $20.66 hourly (Professional Support Association Salary Band I(a))
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year, pro-rated
- 12 sick days, pro-rated
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 11. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for November 17 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers