Deadline to apply extended!
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks an experienced Account Manager to take lead responsibility for building deep and effective relationships with new and existing school districts clients by executing initiatives that support short-term and long-term strategies around total cost of workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation risk. The position collaborates closely and effectively with internal partners to ensure services align with client needs and leads the development and communication of our value proposition to prevent and mitigate exposure, as well as plans and executes new business development initiatives.
PSWCT/UP (a department of PSESD) is a group self-insured program for workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation coverage for 35 school districts and PSESD and their 45,000 employees in King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties. PSESD serves 35 school districts and more than 200 private schools in King and Pierce counties plus Bainbridge Island in Kitsap County. Approximately 38 percent of the state’s K-12 public school students are impacted by our work and several of our programs serve students throughout the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Risk Management, or related field
- AA degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Risk Management, or related field and 3-4+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience, or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree
- Claims and risk management experience
- Prior successful sales/account management experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license & evidence of insurability
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation claims and risk management best practices
- Previous successful management and execution of insurance-related programs
- Experience coordinating and executing client stewardship activities
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $79,979 - $104,940 (Salary Band L)
Department: Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by September 24, 2021.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at www.pswct.org
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers