Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Director of Postsecondary Programs to guide and manage the Puget Sound College & Career Network’s programming and ensuring strong gap-closing PSCCN program implementation across King and Pierce Counties to advance the Agency’s End: Success for Each Child and Eliminating the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity. Core role components include:
- Lead program strategy development & implementation: Partner closely with lead departmental director to inform overall team direction and funding/budget needs. Engage manager team to develop programming.
- Build and maintain partnerships: Provide staffing to the Promise Partnership Leadership Teams, and convene key groups with Managers and Director including District Leaders Network, Practitioners Improvement Network, and the PSCCN Steering Committee
- Manage and coordinate PSCCN programs team of 3 Managers and 1 Coordinator. Develop and oversee program work plan and track relevant budgets.
- Lead the use of anti-racist practices and racial equity leadership in our programming
Puget Sound College & Career Network (PSCCN) is Puget Sound ESD’s postsecondary team, driving equitable access and success in postsecondary education for students across the Puget Sound region. PSCCN builds regional capacity, engages leaders at all levels, and facilitates improvement in policy, practice, and programming to close opportunity gaps by leading with racial equity so that first generation, low income, and students of color can access & obtain postsecondary credentials. We are growing our team as we begin to establish King County Promise, a comprehensive vision for more equitable, accessible & supported postsecondary access & success.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- BA/BS degree or higher in job-related fields (AA/AAS degree in related field and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for BA/BS degree).
- Professional job-related experience in K-12, college access/readiness, and/or higher education.
- Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of anti-racism leadership.
- 3+ years of experience building and managing effective teams: Develops and empowers others, demonstrates managerial courage, internal culture builder. Builds a diverse and cohesive team who work together toward shared goals.
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships to achieve challenging goals: Able to engage and build generative relationships with community, educators, leadership, and students. Clear, precise, compassionate communication. Able to inspire excitement for and commitment toward common goals.
- Able to manage, measure and prioritize work: Skilled at project and program management. Skilled work planner, able to delegate, track lots of different work, provide support and accountability. Collaborates and shares responsibility for decisions. Monitors progress toward goals by establishing strong feedback channels.
- Continuous improvement of programs and systems: Skilled at systems thinking, crisis and change management. Collaborates with internal and external partners to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to programs, services and processes.
- Demonstrates ability to innovate, be entrepreneurial, and navigate ambiguity to generate creative approaches, breakthrough barriers, and solve problems that challenge the status quo and expand possibilities.
- Knows King County Promise model and PSCCN’s work deeply.
- Existing relationships in Pierce and King Counties with various levels of leadership within K12, CBO, and Postsecondary.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $83,981 – $97,392 (Salary Band M)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support (LTFS) – Puget Sound College & Career Network
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays (*beginning with the 2021/2022 program year)
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 18, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for July 28 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers