Puget Sound ESD seeks a Director of Postsecondary Data & Impact to provide leadership and implement the Puget Sound College & Career Network’s strategies related to postsecondary data access and use, evaluation of program impact and student outcomes, and clear storytelling and communication to advance the Agency’s End: Success for Each Child and Eliminating the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity. Core role components include:
- Data access & sharing: Establish and facilitate the use data sharing agreements across King County Promise Partnerships. Oversee our access and use of a new data platform to enhance postsecondary advising.
- Evaluation & learning: Lead PSCCN’s evaluation efforts including regular internal formative assessment and external reporting. Ensure highlights and learning from partners are shared with the PSCCN network.
- Communication: Lead strategic communications across PSCCN & Promise to ensure PSCCN publishes regular thought-leadership pieces, social media, and quality content.
Puget Sound College & Career Network (PSCCN) is Puget Sound ESD’s postsecondary team, driving equitable access and success in postsecondary education for students across the Puget Sound region. PSCCN builds regional capacity, engages leaders at all levels, and facilitates improvement in policy, practice, and programming to close opportunity gaps by leading with racial equity so that first generation, low income, and students of color can access & obtain postsecondary credentials. We are growing our team as we begin to establish King County Promise, a comprehensive vision for more equitable, accessible & supported postsecondary access & success.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- BA/BS degree or higher in job-related fields (AA/AAS degree in related field and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for BA/BS degree).
- Professional job-related experience in K-12, college access/readiness, and/or higher education.
- Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of anti-racism leadership.
- Experience and expertise in data gathering, analysis, and sharing across complex systems: Demonstrated knowledge and ability to collect, examine, synthesize, and display information from a variety of stakeholders and sources in a transparent manner that reflects best practices. Shares data in a thoughtful and responsible way in an effort to inform, understand issues, or enable decision making.
- Ability to leverage technology: Skillfully uses office and information systems and technology to streamline work activities. Seeks out ways to employ technology to optimize individual and organizational performance.
- Skilled in communication, content development, and writing: Prepares clear written documentation to share information about concepts, programs, services, results, and/or technical components to audiences with varying levels of subject-matter knowledge.
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships to achieve challenging goals: Able to engage and build generative relationships with community, educators, leadership, and students. Clear, precise, compassionate communication. Able to inspire excitement for and commitment toward common goals.
- Able to manage, measure, and prioritize work: Skilled at project and program management. Skilled work planner, able to delegate, track lots of different work, provide support and accountability. Collaborates and shares responsibility for decisions and monitors progress toward goals by establishing strong feedback channels.
- Demonstrates ability to innovate, be entrepreneurial, and navigate ambiguity to generate creative approaches, breakthrough barriers, and solve problems that challenge the status quo and expand possibilities.
- Prior experience and expertise in data gathering, analysis, and sharing within K-12 or higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evolving data collection and tracking fields.
- Experience developing and managing a program communications plan.
- Experience developing and maintaining data visualizations.
- Familiarity with postsecondary access and success.
- Existing relationships in Pierce and King Counties with various levels of leadership within K12, CBO, and Postsecondary.
- Prior supervisory experience.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $83,981 – $97,392 (Salary Band M)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support (LTFS) – Puget Sound College & Career Network
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays (*beginning with the 2021/2022 program year)
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 18, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for July 30 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers