Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Puget Sound College & Career Network (PSCCN) Manager to provide leadership, technical assistance and capacity building to enhance PSCCN and build collective action across K-16 and college access organizations to increase equitable postsecondary access and success for students across the PSESD region. The PSCCN Manager will co-lead the development and implementation of the regional college access network programming, focused on postsecondary readiness, enrollment, and completion. Core role components include:
- Facilitating collective work that improves systems, policies, and programming
- Coordinating regional services to ensure consistency and high-quality implementation of postsecondary access and success services
- Developing relevant regional content in collaboration with partners
- Tracking effective regional work and elevate promising practices
- Analyzing and sharing data
Puget Sound College & Career Network (PSCCN) is Puget Sound ESD’s postsecondary team, driving equitable access and success in postsecondary education for students across the Puget Sound region. PSCCN builds regional capacity, engages leaders at all levels, and facilitates improvement in policy, practice, and programming to close opportunity gaps by leading with racial equity so that first generation, low income, and students of color can access & obtain postsecondary credentials. We are growing our team as we begin to establish King County Promise, a comprehensive vision for more equitable, accessible & supported postsecondary access & success.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- BA/BS degree or higher in job-related fields (AA/AAS degree in related field and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for BA/BS degree).
- Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of anti-racism leadership.
- Professional job-related experience in K-12, college access/readiness, or higher education.
- Experience developing and presenting professional learning opportunities for adults.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience facilitating collaborative work with multiple internal and external partners to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to programs, services and/or processes.
- Experience with project management, managing all stages of a project from ideation and planning to its successful completion and implementation.
- Experience collecting, examining, and synthesizing information from a variety of sources in a transparent manner that reflects best practices.
- Existing relationships in Pierce and King Counties with various levels of leadership within K12, CBO, and Postsecondary.
- Familiarity with the King County Promise model and PSCCN’s work.
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships to achieve challenging goals: Able to engage and build generative relationships with community, educators, leadership, and students. Clear, precise, compassionate communication. Able to inspire excitement for and commitment toward common goals.
- Able to manage, measure, and prioritize work: Skilled at project and program management. Skilled work planner, able to track lots of different work, and provide support and accountability.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $72,545 – $84,129 (Salary Band J)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Puget Sound College and Career Network
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays (*beginning with the 2021/2022 program year)
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by August 8, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for August 18, 2021 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers