Puget Sound Educational School District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled School Safety and Threat Assessment Consultant to coordinate the ongoing functioning of comprehensive school safety systems, including a student threat assessment system that offers a multi-agency team approach consisting of a school-based screening team and a community-based student threat assessment team.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Associate’s degree or higher in job-related field (High School Diploma with increasing levels of job-related experience may substitute for Associate's degree);
- Professional experience working in schools, community organizing, program coordination or community-based programs involving youth, drug/alcohol, tobacco abuse, or other related community health prevention or counseling;
- Knowledge and professional experience with school safety efforts.
- Professional experience with behavioral health practices (substance abuse and/or mental health);
- Experience with community mobilization;
- Experience working in a school-based program with emphasis on violence prevention and/or early intervention, alcohol, tobacco and/or other drug prevention and early intervention, and/or mental health.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full-time, Year 'Round
Salary: $64,575 – $74,887 (Salary Band H)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Student Support Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by May 23, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 28 and June 2, 2021.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers