PSESD’s Special Services Department is seeking a Special Services Director to provide regional leadership, professional learning, and support for the design, implementation, and evaluation of equitable and inclusive educational services for students with disabilities, preschool through age 21.
The Special Services Team develops long and short-range goals, with aligned plans to support districts, charter schools, non-public agencies, and tribal compact school programs with the design and delivery of high-quality educational experiences for students with disabilities. We strive to build transformative partnerships across local education agencies, state and local agencies and organizations, and with students and families to strengthen systems, policies, and practices and positively influence the outcomes of students with disabilities.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Master's degree in Education, Special Education, or other related field (Bachelor's degree in same fields and increasingly responsible work-related experience may substitute for Master's degree);
- Job-related experience with programs and services for students with disabilities in schools, alternative programs, juvenile justice systems, or other social service programs.
- Experience designing, delivering or supervising instructional and IEP services for students with disabilities.
- Experience in training staff on behavior, instructional practices, 504 or other issues related to services for students with disabilities.
- Experience in project or program oversight.
- Knowledge of Special Education law and compliance.
- Special Education Endorsement/Teaching Certification or Administrator Credential.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Early Childhood Special Education.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full-time, Year 'Round
Salary: $95,405 - $110,641 (Salary Band P)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Special Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, March 14. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for March 23 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers