Puget Sound ESD is seeking a skilled Behavior & Education Support Specialist to provide educational and behavioral support for severely behaviorally challenged youth attending the ReLife School in Puyallup, Washington. ReLife School offers a full continuum of multi-disciplinary services based on student strengths and needs to King and Pierce County districts and Bainbridge Island. Instruction is delivered to students in grades 2 through 12 in a site based model focused on academics with a strong social emotional component incorporated. The program encourages active parent and community involvement to serve the whole child. The mission of ReLife is “Meeting academic and behavioral needs, one student at a time."
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- High school diploma, GED, or its equivalent and a qualifying score of 461 on the Education Testing Service ParaPro Assessment; or an Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university; or seventy-two (72) or forty-eight (48) semester credits at the one hundred level or higher at an accredited college or university; or completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council
- Experience working with youth in a mental health private, university, and/or special education setting
- Experience providing support to emotionally/behaviorally challenged students in a self-contained classroom (direct experience) and/or in in a resource room (indirect experience)
- Experience with de-escalation techniques
- Experience supporting teacher in delivering lessons, or in planning and delivering content-specific instruction
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application. Post-offer WorkSteps testing required.
Location: Puyallup, Washington (Pierce County)
Job Type: School Schedule: 8 hours/day, 208 days/year
Salary: Hourly $24.32 - $28.21 (Salary Band C)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year (for year round staff)
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by April 18, 2021.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers