- Work directly with growing PSESD Wisdom Council of students, parents, community leaders, and educators representing communities across South King County.
- Outreach to connect with students, families, community-based organizations, and school staff of color.
- Conduct community conversations, listening sessions, and data conversations with Black, Indigenous, Latino/a and other Youth of Color
- Attend Wisdom Council Meetings and report on work being conducted.
- Assist with reviewing community conversations, develop communications, as well as public presentations.
- Develop and update social media platforms and write copy for posts.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
The position provides you the opportunity to:
- Explore career opportunities and develop capacity in areas of youth and community engagement, racial equity and education.
- Develop leadership skills in working with community and districts
- Learn alongside leaders in systems improvement, community engagement, data and evaluation, and teaching and learning.
- Build community.
- Contribute to the educational systems changes needed to serve Black, Indigenous, Latino/a and other Youth of Color.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Committed to improving educational experiences for Black, Indigenous, Latino/a and other Youth of Color.
- Connected to Black, Indigenous, Latino/a or other Youth of Color communities in South King County.
- Eager to learn and work in a student engagement capacity for a growing regional Wisdom Council at Puget Sound Educational Services District.
- Interested and/or experienced in lifting up and sharing youth stories and experiences in the service of changing teaching and learning.
- Available in July and August, 2021 for 5-10 hours a week, with possibility of extension.
Location: Summer work is remote. If position extends into Fall, in-person meetings will take place at the Renton office.
Job Type: Intern
Department: LTFS - Road Map Improvement Collaborative
Duration: July 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021
Open until filled
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply, please email your resume and a short statement of interest to Angelica Alvarez, Manager, Student, Family & Community Engagement: email@example.com
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting qualifications in statement of interest and resume as part of the application.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers
- Community Engagement