- Work directly with growing PSESD Wisdom Council of students, parents, community leaders, and educators representing communities across South King County.
- Outreach to connect with students, families, community-based organizations, and school staff of color.
- Conduct community conversations, listening sessions, and data conversations with Black, Indigenous, Latino/a and other Youth of Color
- Attend Wisdom Council Meetings and report on work being conducted.
- Assist with reviewing community conversations, develop communications, as well as public presentations.
- Develop and update social media platforms and write copy for posts.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
The position provides you the opportunity to:
- Explore career opportunities and develop capacity in areas of youth and community engagement, racial equity and education.
- Develop leadership skills in working with community and districts
- Learn alongside leaders in systems improvement, community engagement, data and evaluation, and teaching and learning.
- Build community.
- Contribute to the educational systems changes needed to serve Black, Indigenous, Latino/a and other Youth of Color.