Sexual harassment means unwelcome conduct or communication of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment can occur adult to student, student to student, or can be carried out by a group of students or adults. The term “sexual harassment” includes:
- acts of sexual violence;
- unwelcome sexual or gender-directed conduct or communication that interferes with an individual’s educational performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment;
- unwelcome sexual advances;
- unwelcome requests for sexual favors;
- sexual demands when submission is a stated or implied condition of obtaining an educational benefit;
- sexual demands where submission or rejection is a factor in an academic, or other school-related decision affecting an individual.
Additional information can be found in the ReLife Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.