Success For Each Child & Eliminate the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-postsecondary services in the state.
Educational Service Districts improve the quality, equity, and efficiency of educational programs through partnerships with K-12 education, early learning, higher education, and public and private organizations. Together, we:
- Save schools money through regional efficiencies, centralized services, pooled resources
- Improve the effectiveness of educational programs
- Deliver specialized services otherwise unavailable
- Provide leadership for innovative and effective educational practices
- Build networks and partnerships among districts and other agencies
- Link schools with regional, state and national educational resources
The Puget Sound Educational Service District is committed to supporting all stakeholders (students, teachers, school districts, education leaders, internal staff) in reaching personal and organizational success. The agency is an innovative and responsive partner providing essential local services to leverage resources and strengths to make sure students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in post-secondary endeavors.
The Puget Sound Educational Service District is committed to becoming an Anti-Racist Multicultural Organization in order to eliminate the Opportunity Gap. We will share our work in equity and inclusion with our thirty-five school districts and private schools as well as with educators and advocates throughout the state and nation to ensure all students reach their full potential.