Success For Each Child & Eliminate the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, tribal compact schools, and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-postsecondary services in the state.
Educational Service Districts improve the quality, equity, and efficiency of educational programs through partnerships with K-12 education, early learning, higher education, and public and private organizations. Together, we:
- Save schools money through regional efficiencies, centralized services, pooled resources
- Improve the effectiveness of educational programs
- Deliver specialized services otherwise unavailable
- Provide leadership for innovative and effective educational practices
- Build networks and partnerships among districts and other agencies
- Link schools with regional, state and national educational resources
The Puget Sound Educational Service District fosters transformational relationships to eliminate opportunity gaps in education to help create racially just and humanizing school systems. The groups we foster transformational relationships with include: families; community members; Sovereign Nations; Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities; business operators and owners; and nonprofit, public and private agencies and organizations.
The Puget Sound Educational Service District is committed to becoming an Anti-Racist Multicultural Organization in order to eliminate opportunity gaps. We will share our work in equity and inclusion with our transformational partners as well as with educators and advocates throughout the state and nation to create racially just and humanizing educational systems.