Student data — information like attendance, course work and academic growth — is regularly collected from school districts to support student success. The right data, in the right format, used the right way provides the information needed to better understand what’s working in classrooms and youth programs and how to adjust support for each and every student as needed. The Student Success Data Partnership, comprised of the Puget Sound Educational Service District and its Road Map Project partners, is committed to using data to better understand which tools and techniques are improving student achievement and then taking the actions needed to ensure student success. The ability of community organizations to access student-level data from schools through the Student Success Link is critical to the success of their work. Schools have a vested interest in this as well. Sharing data allows schools to better coordinate with youth-serving organizations to help serve all students.
Supporting the Whole Child
There are five simple, yet powerful, reasons for implementing the Student Success Data Partnership. Access to secure, high-quality data through the Student Success Link:
- Enhances student success: Quality data provide a clearer picture of student attendance, behavior, classwork and other important information to help ensure student success.
- Closes opportunity gaps: Persistent opportunity gaps still exist in our schools, but by working together, educators and youth-serving organizations can use data-driven education approaches tailored to each student to do a better job closing gaps and helping all students.
- Empowers educators and youth-serving organizations: When we provide access to quality data to inform educators and youth-serving organizations, we can see clearly which students need more of a challenge and which students need a little extra support – and that personalized attention means student learning improves.
- Enables coordinated services: The Student Success Link, a safe and secure regional data and information system, allows educators and youth providers to work together on providing wrap-around services for the whole child.
- Ensures privacy and security: Parents and guardians maintain control over the use of student data by Student Success Link users.
And we’re doing it in the most secure way possible. The Student Success Link is purposeful, protected and approved. Parental consent is always required.
How can I join the partnership?
We’re growing the partnership every month. Visit our knowledgebase for information about getting on board with the Student Success Link: