2017 Regional High School Art Show
Puget Sound Educational Service District’s (PSESD) Annual High School Art Show is open to students enrolled in grades 9-12 in any public or state-approved private school in the PSESD region. Artwork is judged on creativity, composition, and technique. Browse pictures from previous events on the PSESD Facebook Page. The Washington State 2017 High School Art Show, co-hosted by OSPI and Washington Art Education Association (WAEA), is an artistic celebration each year for the regional finalists from the state’s nine educational service districts (ESDs). Visit the OSPI website for more information about the state art show.
Registration is closed.
To submit artwork, please download and fill out the following forms:
- 2016-17 State Guidelines
- Inventory Form
- Registration Form
- Registration ID Tags
- 2017 Art Show – Important Dates
Bring all completed forms with you when submitting artwork in January, 2017.
The Regional High School Art Show accepts both 2D and 3D art work including: photography, ceramics, charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, pen and ink, watercolor, acrylic, linoleum block print, silk screen, collagraph, collage, glass, metal, jewelry, chalk pastel, oil pastel, mixed media, paper, scratchboard, wood, etc.
Regional High School Art Show Timeline
- January 9 – 20, 2017: Art work accepted at PSESD (office closed on the MLK holiday)
- February 2, 2017: Install exhibit in Conference Center Lobby
- February 13 – 17, 2017: Judging
- February 24, 2017: Award letters mailed
- February 21 – March 15, 2017: Art Show open for public viewing (7:00 am – 4:30 pm, daily)
- March 15, 2017: Regional High School Art Show Reception and Awards Presentation at PSESD (6pm – 8pm)
- May 19, 2017: 43rd Annual (State) High School Art Show Reception at OSPI, Olympia, WA (1pm-3pm)