We have supported the education of students with American Indian heritage for more than 30 years and currently serves 1,200 students who represent more than 100 tribal affiliations nationwide. We provide culturally-infused support to students during the school day and through select after school programming. Opportunities are provided for district teachers, counselors and administrators to learn the historical ramifications of Native education and the best learning styles of Native students. Our main goals are designed to:
- Improve literacy and math skills of Native students, grades K-12
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of cultural values, traditions and contemporary issues
- Encourage and support post-secondary education for all students
- Instill student pride in their Native American heritage
- Encourage parent involvement in program and school activities
- Support each school in their awareness of Indian Education including Native student learning styles
- Teach Native history and culture to the general student population via classroom presentations, assemblies, and staff development.