Clock Hour Services provides assistance to the educational community by providing clock hours for professional development. There are two categories: clock hour services for individuals earning clock hours for attending professional development; and services for class sponsors wanting to offer clock hours for district, regional and state workshops and conferences.
Individuals Earning Clock Hours
Clock Hour Fee
- Clock hours are $2.00 per clock hour with a $10.00 minimum per person per class.
- Transcripts are available for free online at clockhours.psesd.org
- A paper transcript may be purchased for $10.00 per transcript and must be requested in writing. To order a transcript download and send a clock hour transcript request form and $10.00 to: Puget Sound ESD, Attn: KR-01, 800 Oakesdale Ave SW, Renton WA 98057
Transcript Requests: View complete transcript request information
Clock Hours for Class Sponsors
Clock Hour Services provides transcripts, evaluations, and official Washington state educator clock hour documentation for individuals and course providers. Classes After a class has been approved for clock hours, Clock Hours Services will provide the materials needed to offer clock hours for the approved class. The following materials will be mailed to the sponsor: clock hour instructions, attendance sheets, and clock hour request forms. Class sponsors may apply for clock hours on-line or by faxing a clock hour application to 425-917-7810. Conferences Clock Hour Services will provide materials and staff to assist with a clock hour booth for sponsors offering clock hours at large events. To apply for clock hours for a conference, click here and review #9.
Class Sponsors Offering Clock Hours
- A completed clock hour application must be submitted to PSESD a minimum of 10 full working days prior to the first day of the class.
- Class sponsors may apply for clock hours using the Online Clock Hour Application or by downloading the clock hour application. To read this file you will need a PDF reader. Classes approved for clock hours must be a minimum of 3 hours in length. They may be held over a series of days. For example: A ten clock hour class may be 10 one-hour sessions or 5 two-hour sessions, or 4 two and one-half hour sessions, etc. Meal times and breaks cannot be included when calculating the number of clock hours requested.
- Clock hours are offered in half hour increments. For example, a class lasting 3 hours and 45 minutes is eligible for 3 1/2 clock hours.
- Approval cannot be granted for routine staff meetings.
- Each class approved for clock hours should be evaluated by participants using the PSESD online clock hour evaluation.
- Individuals/organizations requesting clock hour approval will also be responsible for the registration of participants seeking clock hours.
- A completed application must be submitted for each class offering, and for each subsequent offering of the same class/program/conference.
- Fees for clock hours are paid by participants registering for clock hours, and are $2.00 per clock hour, $10.00 minimum fee per person.
- Conferences: (an event having concurrent or breakout sessions) Clock hour applications for conferences cannot be submitted online and must be completed and submitted in hard copy (paper) form. To request conference clock hour application materials, email email@example.com or call (425) 917-7807 (Seattle), (253) 778-7807 (Tacoma), or 1-800-664-4549, ext. 7807 (western WA). All conference applications must be received 30 days prior to the first day of the conference. Please allow adequate time for mailing. A curriculum vitae or resume will be needed for each presenter to complete the application.
- Online Classes: Applications for online classes are treated differently than classes with a traditional format. A resume is required for each presenter. All applications for online classes must be received 10 full working days prior to the first day clock hours may be offered for the class. To request online class application materials, call our clock hour office at (425) 917-7855 (Seattle), (253) 778-7855 (Tacoma), or 1-800-664-4549, ext. 7855 (western WA).
- PSESD reserves the right to have a representative from Puget Sound ESD attend any class or conference which has received clock hour approval from this agency. The representative shall attend free of all fees and charges related to the class or conference.
- Upon approval, a packet will be sent to the program coordinator that includes: Instructions, Attendance List, and Clock Hour Request Forms. All applications should be submitted to: PSESD, Clock Hours, 800 Oakesdale Avenue SW, Renton WA 98057
- If you would like a clock hour application in the mail, please email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the address where you would like to receive your application.