The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage. The Trust provides insurance for on-the-job injuries for 34 school districts and PSESD and their 45,000 employees in King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom counties. Services Districts receive professional claims management services to help injured workers return to the workplace. At the same time, Trust staff work with the employer to assess workplace safety and implement effective loss control programs. Participating school districts own the Trust, with all premiums building equity to help offset costs.
The Workers’ Compensation Trust provides the following key services:
• Claims Service: Individualized claims management, a return-to-work program, and one-on-one contact with member districts and injured workers. Claims examiners’ caseloads are low to ensure quality customer service.
• Loss Control Services: Training and services such as on-site assessment, consultation, and assistance in implementation of safety programs; support in developing an effective accident prevention program including loss control and safety policies, procedures, and programs.
• Costs historically lower than the only other option, Labor and Industries.
• Excellent claims management and cost containment.
• Loss control services through employee/employer safety program consultation.
• In-house CPA for preparation of financial statements and investment of funds.
• In-house industrial hygienist to provide an array of technical analysis and assistance.
• Online claim review.
Membership All school district in the greater Puget Sound region can apply for membership. The Trust conducts a feasibility study to determine if membership would be beneficial for both the school district and the Trust. The final decision rests with the district’s school board and the Trust Executive Advisory Board. The Trust Advisory Board consists of nine member-district representatives elected by the district trustees. The Board meets quarterly to review current issues and operations.
PSWCT’s Website: www.pswct.org
PSWCT Claims Main Phone Line: (425) 917-7638
PSWCT Billing Main Line: (425) 917-7654
PSWCT Membership Information: (425) 917-7637